Focus your project's purpose with scoping questions and examples that will help you identify management needs and end users.
Understand the Management Need
Identify and understand the management need that will focus and drive a project.
- Leverage boundary spanners.
- Gather background information on the issue.
Get to Know End User Needs
Ask the people who are working on a management issue to articulate management needs from their perspective.
- Map out the needs of potential end users.
Define Your Project's Purpose
Explore best practices to focus your project's problem statement.
- Keep your project simple, focused, and manageable.
- Articulate the core purpose of your project.
- Learn about categories of management needs.
Explore more resources that can help you conceptualize your collaborative science project. Examples: needs assessments, logic models, and others.