Catalyst / Science Transfer
Targeted investment for advancing collaborative science and supporting the transfer of existing knowledge
Grants supported through this opportunity address one or more of the following objectives:
- Facilitate the development of new collaborative science ideas;
- Amplify or enhance existing collaborative research efforts;
- Conduct NERRS System-wide Monitoring Program (SWMP) syntheses for a regional and/or national application; and/or
- Transfer existing information, approaches, and/or techniques to others in the reserve system or external partners.
These grants support one-year projects with awards ranging from $45,000 - $200,000. All proposals must adopt an end user-driven approach and be developed in collaboration with reserve partners to ensure the project meets a current reserve management need. Applicants may draw on both the social sciences and physical/natural sciences to meet the goals of this RFP.
Watch the short informational video below to learn more about the opportunity.
Questions about this upcoming opportunity?
- 2023 RFP Question & Answer Record (PDF) - last updated March 9, 2022
Don't see your question? Drop your questions into the form below and we will get back to you!
Additional questions about this funding opportunity can also be directed to:
Phone: Maeghan Brass (734-763-0727)