Develop strategies to identify and meet communications objectives and co-create user-relevant products with your partners.
Plan Communication Efforts
Think about your communications objectives and project identity.
- Thoughtfully brand your project with a short, catchy name.
- Identify specific communication objectives.
Engage Users in Communications Work
Collaborate with end users and other participants early in the project planning phase to shape communication efforts.
- Work with end users to refine your messaging.
- Notice the preferences and styles of your end users.
- Build communication capacity both inside and outside your team.
Identify the Products That Will Meet a Need
Develop information, products, and tools that intended users will find relevant and usable.
- Consider a range of potential products.
- Beta test your products and tools.
- Think beyond the project timeframe.
Explore additional resources related to science communication. Examples: coastal communicators newsletter, and others.