Targeted investment for advancing collaborative science
Catalyst grants support activities that advance collaborative science by facilitating the development of new, collaborative science ideas; amplifying or enhancing existing collaborative research; or synthesizing NERRS monitoring data for a regional or national application. All proposals must adopt an end user-driven approach and be developed in collaboration with reserve partners to ensure the project meets a current reserve management need. Applicants may draw on both the social sciences and physical/natural sciences to meet the goals of this RFP. To learn more about recent projects browse the project catalog: Catalyst Projects.
The NERRS Science Collaborative is currently reviewing proposals for collaborative science catalyst grants. The deadline for submitting catalyst proposals has passed, but the RFP and application materials are provided here as references. We anticipate releasing another Request for Catalyst Proposals in fall of 2022. Catalyst grants support one-year projects with awards ranging from $75,000 - $200,000.
Download the RFP: 2020 Request for Catalyst Proposals
References and Templates for Proposals:
- Reserve Management Needs Summary (October 2019)
- Team Roles and Definitions Used in RFP
- Proposal Review Process for 2020 Catalyst RFP
- Timeline Template (Excel)
- Budget Template (Excel)
- Data Sharing Plan Template (Word)
- Data Sharing Plan Example (PDF)
Q&A about RFP
- RFP Q&A Record (PDF), last updated February 19, 2020
- 2020 Catalyst RFP Q&A webinar - View Recording (YouTube) and Slide Deck (PDF)
Additional Proposal Development Resources:
- Conceptualizing & designing collaborative science projects - Webinar summary and video
- Characterizing end users – A tool for collaborative projects (Word)
- Reflections on engaging end users – A tool with key considerations for engaging end users (Word)
- Engaging end users webinar summary – Working iteratively to produce usable science (PDF)
- An Integrated Assessment Primer (PDF) Note: This primer was developed to support teams developing proposals for the NERRS Science Collaborative 2016 RFP.
- Additional references and tools are available on the Applicant Resources page
Questions about this funding opportunity can be directed to:
Phone: Lynn Vaccaro (734-763-0056), Maeghan Brass (734-763-0727)